Sunday, March 13, 2011

Sunbeams

At church, Jocelynn is now a Sunbeam. 1 1/2 to 3 the kids go to Nursery and then when they are 3 they can go to Primary with the older kids. We were in our old ward the beginning of the year. She was fine in Primary because she knew all the kids and her teacher.

2 weeks into the year, we moved. She cried the first time. I told her I'd sit with her and I did. I would slowly walk around the room. She would continue to look for me and I'd smile. Then I'd go to her and tell her I had to go to the bathroom and I'd be right back. Then I would come back and tell her I was going to class and be right back. She has great teachers and she now goes in by herself. My mom and dad are in the same ward and it helps to have my mom take her also. A couple weeks ago, she stood by the wall getting ready to go in. We went to the bathroom and I walked by and she was standing frozen against the wall with a tear rolling down her cheek. She didn't know what to do, I guess. I felt bad for her. Someone in the presidency was there to help her. She now goes in and I'm so proud of her. SHe also got a pencil in her class for being so reverent. SHe's a good girl and can't believe how fast she is growing. She tells me she is excited to stand up and speak.

No comments: