Sunday, March 13, 2011

My Jocie

Can't believe this girl is 3 1/2. She's so mature and sometimes hard for me to believe she is only 3. She seems like 5 to me, except for days when she has a tantrum. Here's a little about Jocelynn.

Jocelynn wakes up every morning around 7am. When she wakes up she enjoys watching a show. She knows if she gets out of bed she can't watch a show in the morning. That has worked great. When she turned 3, I could not figure out naps and her bedtime. She was fighting it. I stopped naps and was putting her to bed by 6pm every night. She would wake up in th night to go to the bathroom and go back to bed. It still didn't seem like she should be done with her naps. I tried giving her a later nap at 1-130 and that has worked great. She sleeps till 3pm and is ready for bed by 8pm. She doesn't nap about 2 times a week. She needs her naps. If she doesn't get her sleep, she throws so many tantrums and starts throwing fits for a leaf breaking or her paper being wrinkled. :)

Jocelynn is quiet and shy but oh so sweet. I just love and adore this little girl. She is so polite. Since she was 2, she says excuse me if she burps or passes gas. She says bless you if you sneeze and I love this about her. She will rub your back or leg if it hurts and feel really bad if you are hurt. She does not like getting in trouble, usually. Most of the time if I'm upset, she says please mom be happy. She wants a hug and wants to please me. She gets nervous around people she doesn't know. It's hard for me. I was like this and had to overcome it. When we go on walks she says to me I want to say Hi to them, I want to try. I usually do it and tell her, now it's your turn. She says Hi and is so proud of herself.
She is so smart. She loves books and can spend forever reading them and looking at pictures. She started reading months ago. She identifies words in simple books she has and knows about 20 sight words. She can write her name and man of the letters in the alphabet. She has gotten a lot better with scissors. She goes to preschool 2 days a week and finally will walk in confidently.
She is such a good eater. I'm really lucky. She eats all vegetables; peas, green beans, cauliflower, broccoli, corn. fruit; pears, apples, bananas, mangos, plums. I'm so glad. It's nice not having to fight her on this. She loves bread though. At dinner I have to give her vegetables and everything else first and then she can have a roll because she'd get full off only bread.
She is a good friend and loves to have friends over. She loves to play and go to the park. She recently learned to ride her bike (with training wheels).

She can be defiant and have attitude. We've had many discussions on having a good/ bad attitude and she has the choice to choose. I try to tell her often how proud I am of her. She did her first gymnastics without mommy and me and had a hard time. She wants to be with me all the time. I know through time she will get over this. It's hard to imagine she will though. I just have to keep giving her the opportunity.
She loves to go to the mall with me. The escalator, dogs, cars are her favorite. It's fun having a girl. I love her so much. She loves her brother and he loves her so much. I'm going to enjoy this last year with her before she starts Kindergarten. It's so sad. It's cliche but so true. . ."Time goes by so fast!"

1 comment:

Todd Family said...

Ah I just love her so much!! I can't get over it!! She is seriously "one of a kind" and I just never want her to grow up! I guess each stage gets better, but man...if it's hard for me, I can only imagine how hard it is for you! She is so beautiful and you are a very good mom to her!! I love you Joce!