Wednesday, March 23, 2011

For Sale

I should be in bed right now. Instead I'm up doing laundry. I wasn't planning on doing laundry until Friday but my husband has his 3rd interview tomorrow and just informed me that he doesn't have a clean shirt to wear. Usually I add a picture or 2 but today I don't have a picture . . . just my thoughts.

Life has been busy. . . since Carter has been born. When I first became pregnant with Carter we decided to put our place up for sale. We thought it would sell before he was born. We weren't sure where we would go but felt that it was the best decision for us. It was fine the first 6 months. It was not bad keeping a house clean with just one child and especially when I was in the nesting phase of my pregnancy. It started to get annoying though, the day before Carter was born. We had a buyer and they wanted to check it out. I made a promise to my Heavenly Father when we decided to sell the place that I would keep the place as clean as I could and anytime a buyer wanted to see the place I would make it available. That's all I could do right? The rest was in his hands. Well I did all that. So although I was having contractions I'd say sure come on over. I still remember the father and his daughter walking through saying "so when r u due?" I said "tomorrow!" They did a double take and said tomorrow? That was when it started to get not so fun. I mean it was already 7 months. We should have been in a new place by then. I've learned to go with the flow of things though. It takes a lot for things to get me down. I remember getting phone calls in the hospital after hours of having Carter. I'd answer my phone, thinking it was someone congratulating me but it was a realtor. I could go on and on about what has happened. I don't do well with chaos and not being organized. I know once the condo is sold and school is out for the semester I will feel like I have more of a handle on things. In January, we decided to move in with my parents for awhile. We are grateful and it's been nice not having to live with things packed away. Through all the other things on my mind that life can bring, we were blessed with such a sweet, calm spirit. He touches my heart. Carter could not have come at a more perfect time in our lives. Through all the chaos and craziness, it's like he gets it and just understands. He definitely has been a blessing and joy! Through all the life experiences I've had up to this point, I have learned to trust in my Heavenly Father. "Trust in him and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways, acknowledge him and he will direct thy path." My favorite scripture. I know he sees our potential and who we can and will become. I know through all the trials life brings that if we turn to him, the trials can be opportunities for us to grow. I love my family and this time in my life. Someday we will say "remember when . . . "

2 comments:

Sundbergs said...

You have had the most amazing postivite attitude through this entire process. The Lord will bless you as you keep your promise, you are always an example to me.

Sarah said...

I am glad you shared your thoughts--so well said about trusting our Father! You do have such a sweet family and I pray things will all be a little less chaotic soon:)