Thursday, March 3, 2011

My children bring me so much joy

Yesterday I went on a walk with Carter and Jocelynn. It was a beautiful day outside. There were tons of white clouds in the sky, the sun was shining bright but there was a nice breeze outside. I was thinking about how good life is. The joy my children bring me is overwhelming. I love my family. I don't want this time in my life to pass. I understand someday I will think of this time in my life and they will be memories in my heart. We all have the choice to enjoy life and what we are going through at that moment. Is life always easy? No but there are a lot of good things going on even during the hard times. For me, at this moment, the good in my life is my family, my children, teaching them the gospel. That brings me happiness. As I was walking, I walked by a nice backyard, beautifully landscaped. There were nice lawn chairs with a big umbrella. I was imagining this family, couple, enjoying their backyard together. In a way I was picturing me in that backyard. :) There is something about being outside that brings me so much joy. I don't know if it brings me back to being a kid, or it's the beautiful creations that our Heavenly Father has blessed us with, or because I'm with my children and see their faces as they watch a bird fly by or smell a flower. Someday I will work again and have all the material things I dream of when I walk by a clothing store. Right now, I go without having much these days but thats okay because I have so much more right now. Life is simple, life is good and the joy I feel is undescribable.

No comments: