Sunday, June 10, 2012

Preschool Graduation

 Jocelynn and Senora Kim. On Friday at preschool the kids learn Spanish. Jocelynn has learned a lot of Spanish at preschool. Way more then I know and I took 3 years in High School. She knows lots of songs, colors, numbers, fruit, many others. Parents were invited to a Spanish showcase to show us what they know. I was impressed. 
 Jocelynn and Ms Brooke
 Jocelynn and Ms Natalie (Ms Natalie helps out on Fridays)

Jocelynn at preschool graduation. It's hard for me to believe Jocelynn has finished preschool and will now be going to Kindergarten. It seems like yesterday that I was walking around my house with a newborn baby and thinking and wondering how my baby girl was doing at her first day of school. Was she scared? Was everyone being nice to her? Was she feeling lonely? Jocelynn used to cry to go to preschool, it was so hard for me. A lot of that changed when she started reading at school. She was ready to read at 3. After she began reading at school it was easier for her to go and she began to really enjoy it. 




 Deciding to put Jocelynn into Kindergarten this year was not an easy decision for James and I. We fasted and prayed for months. Originally I felt good about holding her off another year, it gave me another year with her. It was like I all of a sudden felt rushed, like I wasn't ready for her to go. I wondered if she was ready and she would be one of the youngest i her class. Her birthday is Oct 4. They have also started a requirement of starting Kindergarten at age 5. I want her to have the advantage in school and being confident. She is very shy and I worry about her self esteem. One day I talked with her teacher and she was concerned that Jocelynn would be bored if we waited another year. James all along was worried about that. She is very smart in a lot of areas. We decided to start her instead of waiting. I kept waiting for an answer to prayer but nothing was happening. I was waiting to feel peace or excited. I still wasn't sure. I got a letter that she got into Orange Elementary and school I got her transfered to. James and I went to a Kindergarten orientation and this was so comforting to me. They talked about how we walk the kids to the gate and the gate is locked and it's all separate from the rest of the school. I left the orientation feeling really good. Last week i got a letter from the school saying who her teacher was, it was the teacher I was hoping for and there are 3 other kids from her preschool in her class so I was happy about that also. I feel like this is an answer to prayer so it must be the right thing to do. Everything has worked out to start her now. I'm sure if it wasn't the right thing there would have been a lot more obstacles but there are none. I pray that this was the right decision we made for her. I'm sad she won't be home with me. I loved this time with her!
 Jocelynn and Pierce, Pierce will be in her Kindergarten class









2 comments:

Todd Family said...

joce could have started kindergarten when she was 3! she is so smart! u made the right decision...only looking forward now! i know it was hard for u but joce is happy! :)

Sundbergs said...

Good job Jocie she will do great in kinder! Making big decisions for your kids is so hard, but dont worry she will do awesome!