Sunday, June 17, 2012

Jocelynn's First dance recital



 Jocelynn had her first dance recital. I was so excited for this. She has been going to "Just Kickin it" dance class with Kacie Christiansen for a year. I tried to get her in last year but it was full. I really wanted to see my little girl in one recital before she got big. I had her in dance class since 2 but this was her first recital. Every class I would drop her off. I never watched how she did. I think this was good because when I'm there she tends to use me as a crutch. In her other dance class she would cry and want me to be next to her and not want me to leave her. At first she didn't like going. I told her she just had to go till the recital, if she still didn't like it she did n't have to dance again. One day she said to me "Mom I can't believe I'm going on stage!" Can we tell everyone to come? I was excited for her. She is quiet and shy and I knew this would be good for her. At my first recital I was a lion and I cried on stage. 

I curled her hair and I thought she looked so beautiful! She was so excited. Couldn't stop talking about it. She wasn't nervous at all! 
 Look how confident she looks, my little girl is growing up.
 Her cousins came to watch her. Drove in traffic for 2 hrs to come. She loves her cousins. Tyler was the first person she said she wanted to be there. 
 Some of her fans after the recital!









 Her cousin Tyler above. They are the same age and have always played so well together. 

Her friends and like cousins below!
 Her dance instructor!
 One of her friends in  the ward and in her class!

She did an amazing job on stage! I'll post more pics of her dancing! The costumes were adorable! James and I were so proud watching her up there. She loved it and said she wants to do it again! I will cherish this memory forever!

No comments: