Friday, April 29, 2011

Vegetables and Fruit

There's something I love about introducing babies/toddlers to food. I love feeding them. I get a thrill about getting fruits and vegetables from the store and cooking it for them. I love giving them a variety of things to eat. I love the age Carter is in right now. He's 9 months and trying all new things to eat. I love it because they eat anything you give them and want more. They can eat all day long and it makes me happy. I love going to wholesomebabyfood.com and finding new things to give them. I did this with Jocelynn too and she is such a good eater. I never had to really force Jocelynn to eat her vegetables because she has always eaten them. They have always been a part of dinner and they are fresh and yummy. No butter, no salt, just plain and so good. There are times during the day I'd cook up some fresh green beans or brocolli and she would eat them for a snack. . . really. Some things Carter has tried are lentils, brocolli, green beans, squash, carrots, pears, bananas. I think it's good to give foods to kids early so that they are used to eating a variety of things. he is already starting to wean himself from breastfeeding. I still nurse him about 4 times a day but he is liking the food and I think it's ok. So if I watch your kid, don't be surprised if I'm feeding their face the whole time but it'll be healthy for them. It makes me happy, maybe because it's something they need and they are growing so much during this time. I love taking care of my children. . . and feeding them things that are good for them makes me feel happy! Now don't get me wrong. If I stopped making vegetables and giving her fruit she would be perfectly happy living on crackers and bread but I know in order for her to be a good eater this needs to happen frequently, almost everyday so it becomes a part of her life.

4 comments:

Sundbergs said...

Hey you can feed my kids all you want. you are such a good mommy

Todd Family said...

LOVE THIS!! I wish i could have a garden when i have kids so i can just make them all fresh baby foods! you are such a good example of that!

Kristin Milius said...

Dawson used to be a GREAT eater! As a baby he ate everything you gave him. Now NOPE! Nothing! Practically vegetarian. No fruits or veggies at ALL!

Heidi said...

What a good mommy you are!