Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Jocie's Parrot

Carter has started to sleep with his bum in the air. He would always sleep on his back and he just started rolling over. I love the bum in the air!

Jocie has show and tell at preschool the last Thursday of every month. She decided to bring her parrot to preschool and was pretty excited. She wanted to take a picture of me with it. She learned a sad lesson about the world the next day. After preschool, I decided to take the kids to the park before their naps. We were at the park playing and Jocelynn brought her parrot out. We usually don't bring toys to the park and Jocie wanted me to hold it when we were by the swings. I told her I couldn't hold it at that moment and set it down. Well we left the parrot at the park. I realized it when I got home but both kids were tired and I was praying it would be there when they woke up. The kids woke up and I drove back to the park and it was gone. The park is across from a High School so I have a feeling after school some kids went to the park. I ran to where we left it and it was gone. I went back to the car and Jocie was staring out the window. . . looking sad. I said "I'm so sorry honey." She said, "it's gone!?" Somebody took it?" I wanted to cry. She never cried but was very sad. Later that day she said maybe somebody will bring it back and say they are sorry. As a parent, I want to protect my child from everything. It saddens me that she will be exposed to all the evil things that happen in the world. Children are so innocent. I know she will remember that experience and will understand that it isn't right to take someone's toy. Although some do, that doesn't make it ok.
I love this girl! She is so sweet and makes me so proud and happy!
Silly girl in the bathtub

1 comment:

Todd Family said...

That was one of the saddest phone calls I've ever received from her. I wanted to cry too!! (and I wanted to punch those kids in their face...but don't tell her that!) :)