Tuesday, May 10, 2011

9 months



Carter started crawling during his 8th month. He's a totally different baby. Still sweet as can be but into everything. One thing about him and Jocie that are different is he is so grabby. We call him "grabby boy." Whatever he can get his hands on, he will. I would be holding him and open the refrigerator and the next thing I know he's holding a bottle of Tabasco that I wasn't aware of. :) Don't put a plate of food or anything close to him because he will grab it. He's gotten good at crawling and can now move quickly if he sees something he wants to get to. It's also nice having him crawl. I love this age because he can get into different things that entertains him. He started clapping his hands (to get the spoon) or slamming his hands down on the table when he is finished. He's been eating a lot of regular food a lot earlier then Jocie was. I had to stop giving him so much because he was denying the baby food. As I said before, he likes to use his hands. Since he was a baby he could pin point a little crumb on the floor. He's so cute using his thumb and forefinger. He has a lot of focus so he likes to eat himself. I've been having to put some cheerios on the tray, just to feed him baby food. Uh oh.

This is his 4th time getting sick. He was sick for 3 weeks, then over it a week, then sick for 2 weeks, then another 2 weeks. Now it's been 3 weeks and he's finally better. I hope all that is done with. I think he wasn't eating very good these past 2 months because he's been sick, sleeping hasn't been the best either. He had his first ear infection.

  • Still nursing but only 2 times a day
  • Had cheese, yogurt, avocado, lentils, beans, brocolli, mashed potatoes, bread, green beans
  • Favorite baby food- peaches, and peas
  • crawling
  • Favorite toy - ball
  • likes books
  • Loves Jocie and smiles when you say her name
  • gives wonderful kisses
  • waves hi and bye
  • was waking up still at 5am (but just last week stopped ) WOO HOO
Weight 18pounds (10%)
Height 27 in (10%)
What happened to my big boy. I will be working on that now that he is better to plump him up again. :)
  • Nicknames - grabby boy (mom), bubbas (jocie), care bear (Dad), Mr Carter or Mr Caretier

2 comments:

Todd Family said...

Carter!! Ah! He kills me he is so stinking cute! I swear I stare at these pictures of Joce and Carter forever just because I can't believe how beautiful they are. I mean, I guess i can, they are related to me. hahajk! :) love them so much!!

Kristin Milius said...

He is seriously adorable!...Movie beautiful!