Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!


Mother's Day was wonderful. Jocie had been sick and I didn't want to get the whole primary sick so we had her stay home. My mom offered to stay home with her and then James would come home after sacrament. It was different not having my kids at church with me. I missed them. I was grateful for my mom offering to do that. It was nice to be able to listen to a lesson without trying to listen and keep a baby quiet.

James got home and was immediately working in the kitchen. He was making dinner and was in the kitchen for hours. He made Herb chicken (he kept taking it out of the oven and basting it), mashed potatoes (with parm cheese and mozarella cheese mixed in), rolls, green beans and homemade gravy, Lemon bars for desert. I felt so special. He even cleaned up and did all the dishes.

I feel so blessed that I am a mother and can stay home with my kids all day. I really love taking care of them and spending this time with them. The days when Jocie is napping, most of the time she will only nap if I nap with her and to be honest, these are memories with her that I will always have. She lets me cuddle her and hold her close and I know someday I will miss everything about my kids being little. These are the best days of my life and I feel so grateful. My kids have taught me so much and I hope in return, I have taught them many important lessons.

2 comments:

Todd Family said...

I LOVE this!! You are such a good mom and I really take so much from who you are. I am so lucky to have such a good example of how to be a wonderful mother! I'm looking forward to it! I remember how when you were pregnant with Joce, me and Kev always said how we can't wait when i'm pregnant because of how happy you always were to have her. I know she feels your love for her. It's what makes her so special too and Carter is such an amazing little boy. Kev always says that he hopes we have kids like yours. Can't wait to see you guys in a couple weeks! love you and Happy Mother's Day!

Kristin Milius said...

Can he come to my house next Mothers Day????