Monday, August 17, 2009

Oregon - Day 1

I loved staying downtown. It was in the middle of everything. There were so many shops, places to eat, a mall and so much to do.
James and I have always wanted to travel and have talked about places we'd love to go. We knew someday we will be able to do this. We've been married 6 and a half years and have never planned a trip. You may ask why? Well, for many reasons but the first 4 years we were married we were both in school full time and worked full time. We wanted to finish school and the time off we did have, we wanted to be home. Planning a trip or even going on a trip seemed like more work. Now that we have a child, it seems like getting away, the two of us, needs to happen so James had some time off and we decided to spend some time in Oregon.
Our first stop when we got to Oregon was at the temple. We thought what a perfect way to start out the trip together. It was beautiful, peaceful, serene and calm.
After the temple we went downtown and we walked around (I pushed James in the wheelchair :) We heard a couple people talk about Paley's burgers so we thought we'd try it. Oh, man. The best burger I've ever had!!!!

Doesn't it look so good!

6 comments:

Todd Family said...

That temple looks amazing!! I am so glad you guys took a trip!

Ange said...

Looks like lots of fun! I am so jealous!!!

IzzieGuire said...

awww...such a good wife..pushing your hubby around on the wheelchair! :) I'm glad you FINALLY had a chance to get away..out of state that is..just the two of you.

Sundbergs said...

I am jelous. Looks like it was awesome. So bacon and maple is that good? I am glad you guys got away together you deserve it.

Violet said...

Hooray for trips! I'm glad you had such a great time.

Heidi said...

Looks so fun!