Sunday, August 30, 2009

Happy 85th Birthday Grandma!

My mom and I took my Grandma to Disneyland this year for her birthday. It's been about 17 years since she's been. You get in free on your birthday this year so it was perfect because we just stayed a few hours and she got a "Birthday Button." We got there at 4pm and it was still a 100 degrees outside. My Grandma is tough and never complains. We brought a wheelchair, which she did not want to get in at all but we convinced her to sit. Jocelynn loves both her Grandmas so much. It was the perfect day for her, Disneyland with both Grandmas!
I love the close relationship that they have together. When my Grandma is happy she tends to get emotional. I've realized that making her happy has become my goal. It makes me happy when I've made her cry (tears of joy of course).
We brought a blanket and got front row seats. It wasn't crowded at Disneyland. My Grandma loved it!! The workers at Disneyland kept saying Happy Birthday to her and making her feel so special. She even got out there and danced. IT was great.
We went on the carousel and I wasn't expecting my Grandma to get on but she did! By the time we dropped her off , she hugged me with tears of joy . . . mission completed! :)

5 comments:

Tanya said...

too cute!

Todd Family said...

hahaha! mom told me that she wanted to get on the carousal! that's so funny! that is totally grandma! kid at heart...i love it!! i am so amazed by you Jenn! Thanks for taking care of Grandma! I really need to go see her! maybe one weekend we can head out there or after work or something...by the way...love that first pic...jocelynn and her crooked glasses! (like mother like daughter..remember the pregnancy video) haha!

IzzieGuire said...

What a sweet gesture! I would never think to take my grandparent to Disneyland~ brilliant! I'm glad she enjoyed it & she has you to thank for. :) Those are precious memories that you will have for your baby as well. My Grandpa is in town from NZ & I can't wait to take lots & lots of pixs!!!

Heidi said...

I LOVE her dancing in the parade...Ella did that once...that is GREAT! How fun and wonderful!

Ange said...

that is so sweet! She is such a cute grandma!