Saturday, June 27, 2009

Glen Ivy- Happy Birthday to Me!

I have the most thoughtful, considerate husband. I really am lucky. He has always done good on my birthdays, way more then I expect. I wasn't looking forward to my birthday this year for 3 reasons 1.) It's on a Sunday- which means church and hang out at home 2.) Disneyland - everyone else gets a $70 gift card but because I'm blocked this day, won't happen 3.) James would be in Seattle for another business trip. He told me the beginning this week not to have anything planned on Saturday. He later told me my sister Jessica and her husband, Keven were watching Jocelynn. I was excited. Friday he told me he scheduled a day for me at Glen Ivy. I haven't been there and have wanted to go. I have gotten a total of 5 massages and 1 facial my whole life. I have to admit, it's my favorite thing in the whole world. It's so relaxing. He scheduled a 50 minute Swedish massage, 50 minute manicure and 80 minute pedicure. Would I ever get that for myself? No but he did and I was super excited.

I got there at 9:30am (first appointment at 10am) and I couldn't believe there was a line. This was supposed to be relaxing. There is nothing relaxing about staying in line. I went straight to get my Swedish massage, another line and chaos. What? The massage was incredible. I did not enjoy someone in the room next to me talking so loud. I just want to crack up when it is over and the therapist asks how you're doing and I can never think straight! I could not believe how big this place was. So many pools, and places to relax. I walked around a bit and got a cookie and went to my next appointment. The pedicure and manicure was amazing. The women said there were 970 people there! Holy cow. I'm glad I didn't get a pass to the pools and mud baths because there were too many people there and it seemed kind of gross. I got out at two.
Here's the lounge pool.
So many people doing a yoga class.
Mud bath.
So after my appointments I went to lay out and get something to eat. Here's the line! I decided to shower and I took the longest shower ever. It was so nice. When I came out the line was gone.
I found a quiet place to relax for a little.
Here's my salad I ate before heading home. It was wonderful, Pecans, strawberries, celery, cheese, chicken. I had the best day! Thanks James for a wonderful birthday! I miss u but I appreciate all you do for us. Thanks Jess and Keven for watching Jocelynn!

12 comments:

aprilaleman said...

Go another day, when it's NOT summer, or at least NOT a Saturday... you will enjoy it 10 times more. I promise!

Anonymous said...

James is so thoughtful! I have been to Glen Ivy once. It was a cold day. Didn't enjoy it as much as I wished. Happy Birthday Jenn!

Sundbergs said...

Glad you had fun even though it was crowded. Happy Birthday.

Heidi said...

I always go on my b-day too and told Ned that's what I want for my b-day.

But gosh that is SO SO SO crowded I have never been when its like that...that is crazy! My b-day is Friday so I wonder if it will be that bad then?

Anyway I agree LOVE the massages and facials too, wonderful!

Todd Family said...

Happy Birthday Jenn! I am so glad you got to take that time yesterday for youself. We love you and are so grateful for all you do! Hope you have a great day today!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a piece of heaven. Glad you got to go. That was great of James especially since he is gone. What a great way to spend your birthday.....alone =)

Sarah said...

I forgot our birthdays are so close--happy birthday!! Sounds like a nice, relaxing day (besides the crowds and lines:))

IzzieGuire said...

Happy Birthday Jenn! What a sweet gesture by your husband! Does he have a brother?..cause I have a sister..hahaha..she's gonna kill me!

Kristin Milius said...

Ohhh how nice!!! Happy birthday, we are getting old! yikes.. I have a gift card for Glenn Ivy, maybe I should us it.

Violet said...

I love Glen Ivy. My mom and I were just talking about going. We decided to go on my B-day in October.After seeing your pictures I can't wait!!!!!

Kristen K. @ Glen Ivy said...

Greetings from Glen Ivy!

What a thoughtful husband you have! "Me" time is very important for all of us and I am so happy that your generous husband provided you with an entire day dedicated to ... YOU!

I am glad that you enjoyed your spa services as well. I am confident that you deserved it!

By the way, the Waldorf salad is my favorite as well! :-) Yummy!

Thank you for including us in your Blog post and for posting the awesome photographs! We look forward to your next visit.

To your health & happiness,

Kristen Koman
e) kristen.koman@glenivy.com

The Hardy's said...

Glad you were able to have a great birthday at a great place!