Sunday, June 7, 2009

Dislocated Elbow

Well, tonight was quite eventful. There is never a dull moment when all the Kirk's get together. We were at my mom's house and all the kids were playing. Jocelynn had been walking down the stairs with both cousins holding her hands. All of a sudden I heard her cry and she grabbed her arm and wouldn't move it. My niece Jordyn, said she heard a Pop. It was obvious she was in pain. The has happened to my sister's little boy and they automatically thought it was the same thing that happened to their boy. . .dislocated elbow. After holding her for a little and she wouldn't grab anything with that arm, we went into Urgent Care. I have to admit that I was trying so hard to not let my emotions get to me and not cry. I was trying to be strong but it wasn't easy seeing her in pain. SO I let out a little bit of tears. I made sure she didn't see me and then I was fine.  

They immediately took X Rays of her wrist and elbows. That was not fun. She kept holding tight her wrist and wanting Grandma and Keona. The nurse gave her a lot of stickers. I thought "Please don't be broken. A summer with a toddler (that loves water) in a cast would not be fun." We went back to Urgent Care and nothing was broken. I made her a balloon out of the glove and she was happy. The Doctor came in and his name was Dr. Loveless. James started laughing at his name. He said it's probably dislocated and he needed to put it back in place. So my mom held her and I was looking at her face trying to talk to her but that wasn't working. He did it very quick and immediately she started moving her arm again. We made the comment his name shouldn't be "Dr. Loveless, it should be Dr. Lovemore!" She left Kaiser a happy girl and so were we. We gave her Tylenol because he said it might be sore.  

7 comments:

Sarah said...

That's an eventful Sunday at Grandma's! Glad everything they were able to pop it back into place. Hope she feels better today!!

Ange said...

Wow, I am so glad it was not broken. I can imagine how scary that was. Hope she is feeling better today!

Heidi said...

Jenn I SWEAR I am not trying to one up you...but Jocelyn and Ella must be twins...so that happened to us last year in October. We swore Ella broke her arm, went to urgent care, the whole works...and it was the same thing...they said it is actually fairly common, nurses maid elbow, or some name like that. Ella was playing ring-a-round the rosies with her cousins and they all went down and different directions and that's how her's happened. But it was so sad...when I say dislocated elbow it doesnt seem that bad, but she was in so much pain and so scared...it was crazy. So I am glad I have someone that can empathize with me...when need to get together to discuss all our war stories.

Heidi said...

Gosh...let me get started on Ella's list...ha ha ha...mostly head injuries. She must be clumsy...

I have to work tomorrow...bummer! I havent seen Jamie in YEARS! And we are leaving to San Fran Thursday EARLY am that is why I have to work all week! Boo hoo...

The Hardy's said...

Ouch! Poor girl! Thank goodness it wasn't broken!

Sundbergs said...

Poor baby. I am glad she is ok. I bet it still really really hurt her. at least she is ok know.

Todd Family said...

it was seriously so sad to see her that way, with her little hand holding her wrist. but i knew once the priesthood blessing was sad that everything would be okay. she is so sweet and we are so glad that she is okay!