Monday, May 11, 2009

I love being a mom!

Everyday driving to work, when I was pregnant with Jocelynn I listened to this song. I love it! It reminds me of the joy I felt of having a child. "The nearest thing to heaven, you're my angel from above, only God creates such perfect love!!!"

I never knew or thought much about when I would have kids. Some people grow up and dream of being a mom. I knew I wanted to be a mom someday but it wasn't until I got married to James that I for sure knew. . . I wanted a family and to be a mom. James and I just had so much love for each other that we both knew we had so much love to give another person.  It never felt like it was the right time but that doesn't mean it wasn't something I longed for and thought of almost everyday. James and I decided I would stay home when we would have a child. We continued to pray and our answer was to continue with school, work full time, save money and the time will come.  We worked full time and went to school full time, we were exhausted but we both knew who we were doing this for. I remember one day sitting in my car at Chaffey College, waiting for class to start. I just got off work and went straight to school. I started to cry because more then anything I wanted to be a mom. Time past and we finished school, it was an amazing time for both James and I to sit next to each other at graduation. 

After 4 years of being married it was time to start a family. Looking back those years felt like an eternity at the time but it went by so fast. Being pregnant with Jocelynn was the best time of our lives. We both loved every minute of it. The appointments, seeing her move, the anticipation of her being here. Being a mom has been everything I thought and didn't think it would be. . . it's so much more. I'm thankful for a husband who is such a good father. I really do appreciate these years and enjoy every moment. It is a rewarding, exhausting, joyous, loving, emotional job. Jocelynn has brought us so much happiness. I love my family and love being a mom! Mom's are so important and powerful. 

"Upon you depend the training and the direction of the thoughts and the inspiration of the hearts of your children, for they drink into the spirit of their mothers, and the influence of the mother over the children is the most enduring impression that can be made. There is nothing so imperishable as the influence of the mother; that is when she is good and has the spirit of the Gospel in her heart, and she has brought up her children in the way they should go (Joseph F Smith)."

3 comments:

Sundbergs said...

That is beautiful. You are the best mom and Jocelynn is lucky to have you. She really is a little angel.

Todd Family said...

I loved being able to work with you while you were pregnant. I got to see first hand how special it was and I guess you can say me and keven are in the exact same shoes you guys were. after seeing how much you loved being pregnant, it really made me more happy then ever to be. thanks for that example to me. you are seriously a wonderful mom and i am grateful that i have so many "motherly examples" for my future. remember when jocelynn was "popp n lockin" in your stomach?! ha! :)

Erin G. said...

That is very beautiful. It almost made me tear up! If it had been any longer I would have for sure!