Monday, May 11, 2009

Goodbye Hendricksons!

Our good friends, The Hendricksons are moving back to Utah. We met the Hendricksons 3 years ago when they moved into the same condos we live in. I was Lily's nursery leader when she was two and James and I hit it off with Jeanette and Dave. They came to California so that Dave could go to Law School. We have always known that they would finish Law school and then move away but I always thought it wouldn't happen. . . maybe I just didn't want to think about it. Jocelynn and Gunnar are 5 months apart. They love to play together and will run around laughing.
This past year Jeanette and I have hung out a lot during the day. We would meet each other outside, go to each other's house or go to the park. It was nice to have a friend to hang out with that lived so close. 
We went over to their house on Saturday for some ice cream and to say goodbye. I hate to say goodbye but I know we'll keep in touch. We are going to miss them so much!! If you ever want to come to California you can stay at our house :)
Here are their sweet kids. We are going to miss them.
They loved the ice cream! Jocelynn was in her own world! Goodbye Hendricksons and good luck wherever you guys go in this world! You deserve the best!

2 comments:

Violet said...

I'm sorry the Hendricksons are leaving you! Did she ever start a blog?

Does that mean you are the only ones from our ward that live in the condos now?

Send them our congrats and love!

Unknown said...

I can't believe how much Jocie and Gunnar have grown since that picture of them in the stroller! Your post above about being a mother is beautiful. I started shedding a tear or two reading that and then I scrolled down a little further and saw this goodbye tribute to us and completely lost it by then. I have been sitting here bawling like a baby. It has finally hit me tonight that this is real. We will miss you guys!