Thursday, April 30, 2009

Update . . .

Well yesterday she took a 3 hour nap, didn't surprise me after the little sleep she had the night before. I was really hoping that she would feel better after she woke up but her temp was 102.9.  She hasn't thrown up at all since the hospital but can't seem to fight the fever. She went to bed late last night and woke up this morning with a fever of 101. 

She is down for a nap again and I'm hoping this time when she wakes up it'll be completely gone. I spoke to a nurse and she said "if it hasn't gone down by tomorrow then come in." I'm sure she'll be fine but I asked the nurse about the Swine Flu she said "I know they closed a school in Corona because they think someone has it but the tests haven't come back yet (takes 2 to 5 days) and she would have to of had contact with someone that has had it. " (It's not like it's hard to have contact with someone that is sick) There's a ton of people at grocery stores, Wal Mart, Target or wherever else I take her.  She also said "Swine flu is viral so it's not like there's antibiotics to give her. " Basically, she'd have to ride it out. Thanks for the encouragement!

On a positive note, she is happy and wants to play. With a father's blessing, some rest, and fluids, I'm sure she'll be good to go soon!

4 comments:

Jill Duncan said...

How scary, poor Jocelynn! I'm sure she will be fine, but I can imagine how you must feel! Especially with the Swine flu outbreak. Keep us posted!

Todd Family said...

it looks like she needs to go "bye bye" to jess and keven's! :) that made my day when she said that! :) okay...more like my month!

Cherie said...

Well that is not totally true that they do nothing if they have the swine flu. They have an anti-viral drug called Tamiflu and it helps by lessening the effects of the flu. If she isn't better, you should take her in and get it checked out. I hope she gets better soon.

Heidi said...

It really seems like the same thing we had. It seriously lasted well over a week of a full fever the whole time, it was crazy. So hang in there, I know she will get better.

That IS crazy though that they said someone in Corona has the swine flu...that is scary.