Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Spiritual Experience!

The way home from Wyoming I had a spiritual experience that I thought I'd share. When we left Wyoming, it was 4am in the morning.  We were making great timing and the kids were being really good. We stopped in Cedar City and let the kids play at McDonalds. We decided to leave and I noticed my temperature gage was going up and was almost in the red zone. I thought "Oh man!!!" I immediately pulled over. I was remembering the 88 Camry, Mazda, and Jessica's Saturn that has overheated as I was in the car.  My dad would always come to my rescue and he has shown me plenty of times where to put the coolant. I have to admit though, I was nervous and scared being so far away from home. Rachel called her dad and we decided to go to a gas station. 

I was praying so hard.  I thought how are we going to do this?? We are 7 hours away from home and we have three little kids in the car.  I popped the hood and a car pulls up and a man stepped out. I explained to him what happened and he reassured me that what we were doing was correct. I felt comfort and peace. He was an angel sent to us and I was SSSOOO grateful. I filled my reserve tank and after it had cooled off went to put coolant in the main part . . .but it was full! I thought to myself, "we've done all we can, maybe it's something else!" It's in the Lord's hands, lets keep driving. I was pleading with my Heavenly Father to watch over us to get us home safely!! We continued to drive and immediately it went up again. I was watching the temperature gage like a hawk, making sure it did not go into the red zone.  For almost 2 hours I drove my car like that. I felt comfort though, I knew we'd be okay. We stopped at McDonalds again and when we went back into the car and the rest of the drive home, it was like nothing ever happened! 

When we got home I made sure I continued to thank my Heavenly Father. I mostly thanked him for sending the Holy Ghost to comfort me. He sent me an angel, he comforted me, he got us home safely, and the kids were wonderful. 

I took my car in on Monday and there was a leak in the water pump! There's nothing that isn't possible to overcome with Jesus Christ by our side!  

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Thank you for sharing that! That would have been scary but I am glad that with the Lord's help all was well!!

Todd Family said...

I am so grateful for Heavenly Father's tender mercies!

Heidi said...

Wow I am so glad you are ok. And knew where to turn too.