Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

This post is a little out of order but that's okay. We had a nice Thanksgiving. All of my brothers and sisters were gone this year so it was just my parents, aunt and uncle, and grandma. James has had the past 5 days off, which has been wonderful! It was desperately needed. The month of October and November have been pretty tough with James going to school every Saturday. We both needed a break and to be together. We were able to just hangout, go to the movies, go out to lunch, and just be together. It was wonderful and went by too fast, it always does!
I usually don't put Jocelynn down for bed at my mom's house. When it is time for bed, we leave. It's just such a hassle because she fights it so much. I know this isn't a good thing and she should probably get used to sleeping elsewhere. Thanksgiving evening it became 7pm and I was ready to put her down and was prepared to face the battle. I gave her a bath, read her a couple of books and did the same thing I do with her at home, surprisingly, she put her head right on me and fell asleep! I was so happy! My mom said "why don't you leave her here for the night!" I was not prepared for that! I kept going over in my mind. Should I? If I'm comfortable with Jocelynn being with anyone, it's definitely my mom because she knows her so well. I agreed, especially because if she had a hard time we could just drive over. So we went home and I have to admit, it was hard for the both of us. I slept well at home but it was sad turning off the lights and knowing your little one wasn't in the room next to you. I was hoping she slept well. The next day I talked with my mom and she said she woke up at 10pm crying. My mom got her back to sleep and to my surprise she didn't wake up till 5:30am. My mom held her in the room for an hour and then she didn't want to go back down so she was up for the day. She actually did a lot better then I expected and I am looking forward to doing this more! :) Next time, I will be sleeping in.
Here's my little sweetness in her cute dress!
Here's my handsome husband! 
Thanksgiving morning the guys had a Turkey Bowl. It was fun for Jocelynn and I to watch James play football. He did so well. He scored 4 touchdowns. 

2 comments:

Todd Family said...

oh we missed you guys! Keven really wanted to play in a turkey bowl! maybe we could do that for Christmas?! Jocelynn looks so cute in her dress! I'm glad you were able to take some time away! Hopefully you and James weren't thinking about Jocelynn the WHOLE night! That was way nice of mom! Hope to see you guys soon!

The Little family said...

I love how Jocelynn is eating her Thanksgiving dinner in her diaper only! lol! That is how Ashton eats most of his meals! Jocelynn's dress is so pretty, and you look GREAT Jen!:)