Sunday, November 30, 2008

Black Friday!

I had to write of my experience with Black Friday. In 2003, I decided to shop early with my sister. We went to Toys R Us and I could not believe the line. When we got in the store I remember seeing these two women, that were not very nice to each other. I thought "are these women serious?" We walked out of the store and I told myself "I will never do that again." 

It's amazing how time changes. My neighbor and friend told me she was going and invited me to come along with her. This time we didn't go at 6am we went at 3am. I set my alarm for 2:40am and we got to Toys R Us at 3am. There were already about 40 people in front of us. We dressed warm and had our list of what we wanted at the store. By the time it was 5am there were hundreds of people behind us! We decided to not take a cart so we could get around easier. The doors opened and I could feel my adrenaline pumping. :) I thought to myself, "what am I doing?" I got in the store and it was hilarious! I see Jeanette start running and I had no idea where I was going. I ended up getting a Digital picture frame, Fur Real Friends Puppy, Nintendo DS games, DVDs, backpack. It was all 50% to 65% off. We made it out of the store at 5:25am. Here's my critque of the experience I had.

Would I do it again? Definitely, I had a blast and it may become a new tradition!

Why was it different from 2003? I was there and out of the store before the crowd came. I got what I wanted and left.

Do you recommend going with a friend? Yes! Made the time go by fast and it was funny when we were so tired we couldn't even think.

Any regrets? I didn't want the check out line to get long so we left pretty early. Next time, I will spend more time shopping and then check out because I missed a couple things I wanted.

Do you feel like you were a crazy mom? No because nothing was for me or my child :) 

When I got home Jocelynn was going down for a nap so I was able to sleep and then went to bed 8pm Friday!

It was a fun memory! Thanks Jeanette for going with me! 

3 comments:

Todd Family said...

you are crazy! that's awesome you had a good time though! i was wondering if anyone was going to do the black friday thing. i can't believe you got there at 3 am! good job! maybe when i don't work and live closer to you we can go together too! especially since our husbands LOVE electronics...we should go next year to best buy or something! then we'll leave at 2 am! haha! talk to you soon! i hope you guys had a good thanksgiving! we missed you!

Ange said...

I agree, I think its fun!! I usually do that also, I actually look forward to it. This year I got an ear infection, no black friday for me!!!

Sundbergs said...

Maybe I need to try going really early because I have never had a good time doing that. I love your stories.