Saturday, October 4, 2008

It seems like yesterday . . .

Oct. 4, 2007 Jocelynn Elizabeth Ward was born!
8 pounds 5 ounces

It was a day her dad and I will never forget! This year has been the best time of our life. When we think of how fast time has past, it makes us sad. 
Although the year has gone by fast, so much has happened! It seems like yesterday, I was staying up throughout the night. This picture was after a long night. I'm really asleep and I was glad James captured this shot because we tend to forget.
Jocelynn has brought us so much happiness. She has brought a sweet spirit into our home.  It's hard to believe she is one! The past couple of weeks, I have been asking her how old she is. Today I asked her and she held up one finger! Here's a little description about this little angel:

Jocelynn is VERY observant and has always been. She stares at everything and everyone! She is quiet and studies everything if she is in a new environment. It takes her a little time to get comfortable and then her personality comes out. She now has separation anxiety and hates when we leave her (she cries for a couple of minutes).  She loves to talk. I am amazed at all the words she says. Her new word is paper and copies whatever we say. She is very smart. She says 17 words and signs 9 words. She has a determined, strong will and gets frustrated if she can't do something. She has always fought taking naps but she needs them! She still takes 2 a day but is transitioning to one. She loves her dad and calls him mama and dada. My baby is no longer a baby but becoming a toddler. We can't wait for the years to come!!


9 comments:

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday Jocelynn! I am glad we got to see you this week...it was fun!

The Hardy's said...

Oh my gosh! I cant believe she is ONE! Happy birthday Jocelynn! We need to go out and celebrate!
Also, yes, lets def. all get together! We will be in Big Bear again from Sunday till Wednesday, and then gregg works Thurs Fri and Sat but maybe on Sunday or Monday of the following week we can have a family hang out night?!?

Kim said...

You and james have the cutest little girl, I couls just eat her up!

Erin G. said...

She's soooo adorable! I agree, we tend to forget some of those moments!

Ange said...

Happy Birthday Jocelynn!!! I completely agree, they grow way too fast. Hope you had a fun day!

Jill Duncan said...

Happy Birthday Jocelynn!! I can't believe she is already talking so much, she seems very smart!

Todd Family said...

I love her so much. Thanks so much for letting me watch her tonight. I can't believe how much she talks and laughs and just is such a good little girl. We are so grateful that she's in our lives! I still can't believe how fast this year has flown by!

Sundbergs said...

Happy Birthday Jocelynn. She really is getting so big. She is so cute. THis year has just gone by so fast I remeber seeing her in the hospital now she is walking around every where. We love oyu Jocelynn have agreat day.

Kristin Milius said...

It happens really fast! Then their two and terrible but you still love them!