Sunday, September 28, 2008

Family in Phoenix!

We have been wanting to go to Arizona for awhile now to visit James' family but we finally went this past weekend. This is the first long drive with Jocelynn so we weren't sure what to expect but she did a great job. We brought our portable DVD and her favorite DVDs (Signing Time), which made her happy for a little bit. We also stopped half way and laid a blanket out so she could play.
Jocelynn loved James' sister, Jeanette. She is really good with babies and Jocelynn loved playing with her. 
Friday evening we went to eat some Filipino food at "Casa Filipina." It was so good and Janessa and Keona sang some karaoke. 
Here's a group shot!
Jocelynn didn't sleep too well Friday night. She woke up at 4am and we couldn't get her back to sleep til 5:30am. She had a long nap Saturday and slept great Saturday night (about 11 hours). 

Saturday morning at 6am Jeanette and I went hiking. Jeanette goes to this place often and it is beautiful! I forgot my camera but will take a picture next time.  It overlooks the whole city and it was a good workout.

6 comments:

The Hardy's said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! Vacations are always so nice! WE should get together this weekend! Gregg finally gets home tomorrow! Woo hoo!!!!

Todd Family said...

Hey! We missed you guys last weekend but it looks like you guys had so much fun! I'm so glad you guys got to spend some time with James family! Jocelynn looks so big! I still can't believe she'll be 1 this saturday! oh my!

Sundbergs said...

Looks like fun. I bet everyone loved seeing Jocelynn.

Ange said...

Looks like lots of fun! We wondered where you were on Sunday, Olivia missed Jocelyn! R.S. Birthday lunch is at my house Wed. @ noon, potluck! Livy would love to see Jocelyn!

Rachel Kirk said...

that is so fun for you guys. he has a great family. so nice too! I am so excited for Jocelyn's party!

The Little family said...

AW Jocelyn is looking more and more grown up everytime I see her!! I love the pic of her and James, too cute.