Thursday, October 9, 2008

An Angel Sent Home . . .

Sunday I got a call that a student I use to care for, unexpectantly passed away. Saturday was conference for church (our leaders speak to us twice a year). I was touched by Jeffrey R. Holland's talk. The end of his talk he was saying how "angels" come into our lives, sometimes we know them and sometimes we don't. Joey was an angel that touched my life. 
I was able to attend his funeral on Tuesday (thank you Rachel for watching Jocelynn). The Priest touched me with his remarks. I absolutely agreed with everything he said. Individuals with mental and physical disabilities are angels. The world and society would look down and feel sorry for these families but it's just the opposite, how lucky they are to be blessed with these special people in their lives. Years ago I sat in a home with a 20 year old boy that was dying of Muscular Dystrophy, his brother, (two years younger) had the same condition. The youngest of them did not have Muscular Dystrophy and it was amazing the way he would care for his brothers. The love this family had for each other was amazing . . . . as the Priest would say "magical!"
Joey used to act like he was biting me when I would take him out of his chair :). Joey was here for a short time but touched many people. Like the Priest said "Blessed are the mentally and physically challenged, for they have a straight ticket to heaven!" Till we meet again. . .

5 comments:

Sarah said...

That is really sweet! It sounds like the funeral was neat too...you are a good example!

Todd Family said...

I really admire the love you have for the kids you worked with. I loved hearing your stories and just being able to go there that one time in high school...I completely agree. How blessed are the families that get to have these angles in their homes! I'm sorry to hear about his passing, but like you said...til we meet again!

Hafer Family said...

im sorry to hear about your friend. I could tell you weren't quite yourself on wed. when you brought the food over. see you soon, need any help with the party?

Sundbergs said...

That was so sweet. YOu are such an amazing person and the love you have for everyone. Those children are angels though and altough we miss hime. He is home again.

Kristin Milius said...

Jenn if anyone could work work with Celestial beings it is you.