Tuesday, April 6, 2010

"Joe Greensleeves" in Downtown Redlands

I took my camera but died the moment I tried to take a picture. It was a wonderful night so wanted to journal about it. It's been awhile since James and I have gone out. We wanted to celebrate our 7 year anniversary and mom agreed to watch Jocelynn. I have to say I was really looking forward to it. It was nice to be able to go out and the house was clean, dinner made for Jocelynn and she was already bathed. I even had time to get myself all ready and even paint my toes and fingernails.

We decided to go to the temple and see what was available and then to dinner. It was a last minute decision so I didn't call we just headed down there. When we got there I forgot it was closed for cleaning so then we weren't sure what we should do. We decided to go to Downtown Redlands and find a different place to eat. This is something James and I have in common. I love eating and trying new places to eat. Every once in awhile I like to go to a nice restaurant, where there aren't any kids and you feel like a grown up :) His boss told him about this place "Joe Greensleeves." WHen we parked the car and got out music was playing and we decided to walk around. James gave me his coat because I was cold and he said something like "We aren't in a rush, we're in love!" It was funny. We walked around and decided to try out the restaurant. It was candle lit, not crowded and since we were coming from the temple we were dressed for the occasion.

For appetizer we got Veal tortellini with tomato cream sauce. Doesn't sound very good but let me tell you! This was homemade tortellini, each tortellini was different and the sauce was amazing! Then I got chicken wrapped in spinach, mozzarella and with Madeira cream sauce. Wow! James got Prime Rib! We had great conversation, and the procuitto atmosphere was so nice. Afterwards we decided to head back and stop by Cheesecake Factory for dessert and watch the Laker game. We got Warm Apple Crisp. That was really good too, then we headed home.

It was a wonderful memory. Many may say the price of the meal isn't worth what you get but to me, every once in awhile I think it's more about the memory then the money. It was a romantic dinner by a fire, with wonderful food and a place we won't go to often but will be able to say remember when we ate there and I'll be able to look back and smile. The country song reminds me of my James, "Like the river meets the sea, stronger then it's ever been. We've come so far since that day, and I thought I loved you then!" I know that's how I'll feel, 10, 20, 30 years from now. I don't think my love for him can grow any more but it does and we look back and say "remember when?"


5 comments:

Tyler Jorgenson said...

Joe Greensleves is great. Glad you guys had a good night out. Happy 7 years!

Sundbergs said...

So sweet. Happy anniversary

Tanya said...

Hey Jennifer. Here is the website for my photographer friend. www.rcphotographysite.blogspot.com That should work.

Todd Family said...

love it! we love you guys and are so happy you were able to spend this time together!! love you!

Violet said...

So.... Is it a boy or a girl?????