Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Special moments with Jocelynn

Life has been really slow lately . . . which surprisingly I love. When it's not so busy I can really focus on my family and just being home. I'm always aware that someday I will miss what I have now. I feel so blessed to stay home and really try my best to take advantage of it. Since Jocelynn is my first I'm not sure how other toddlers are throughout the day but she is constantly needing stimulation. I've been trying to think of new things to do with her so her mind continues to learn.

This week I pulled out all my fruits and vegetables. We talked about what a fruit and vegetable is and cut them up so she could see the inside. Then we grouped them together. She loved it! Then she tried new fruit "green apple" that she hadn't tried before and even wanted to eat a lot of cucumbers. It's amazing how kids are willing to have something when it's fun.

I got this birdhouse at Joannes for $1 and got all my paints out. She loved it! We talked about birds, birdhouses and what they eat. We haven't hung it outside, that's for another day but I'm sure she'll love that.

We've been home a lot lately. James car (97 Altima) is needing to be fixed. There are times that the material things would be nice but I'm okay going without right now. Someday we will have that so it doesn't even phase me. These memories I will have forever and I love my husband so much for giving me these precious moments.

3 comments:

trisha said...

Logan totally needs stimulation and I think I do a pretty bad job at it, maybe that's why hes always getting in trouble. I will have to try your ideas out, keep em coming!

Todd Family said...

wow Jenn! You are so awesome! No wonder Jocelynn is so smart! I am so excited when we have kids, just so I can teach them things like that!! Love all of it!! you are such a wonderful Mom!

IzzieGuire said...

Jenn you are such a great Mom!! I love all the fun lil' activities you do with her. It amazes me how easily entertained toddlers are! I'm glad you're enjoying all that one on one time w/ her while you can!