Sunday, April 11, 2010

Happy Easter - It's a BOY!

Easter was so memorable. The morning started out with the Easter bunny hiding eggs throughout the house and a basket for Jocelynn. It was fun to watch her get all excited.
THe night before we went grocery shopping for Easter breakfast and decided on Alton Brown's french toast. James made it and did an awesome job. It was so good. The best french toast I've ever had.
We watched conference and the spirit was so strong. The speakers were amazing and loved many of the words spoken. I just love Easter and the hope it brings to each of us. I'm grateful for Jesus Christ and his atoning sacrifice, that we are all blessed to be able to live again because of him and have eternal life.

Later that evening we went to my mom and dad's house. We hid 42 Easter eggs in the front yard. My mom, dad, Jocelynn and I looked for the eggs and put them in the basket. It was a lot of fun, knowing one of them was going to tell me if our baby was a boy or girl. I couldn't believe I was able to wait a couple of weeks. It was worth the wait because it was an amazing moment to share with the ones I love.


We all went inside and passed the basket of eggs around. Each one took an egg out and I put paper in each egg, some said "try again or next time." This pregnancy I really felt like it was a boy, maybe because the pregnancy has been a lot different.
My dad took the first egg, my mom took the next one, then Jocelynn and then I did. I wish I let my grandma take an egg before I did but who knew that the 4th egg would be the egg! I opened the paper and it said Boy! I couldn't believe it!
I automatically started crying. I still can't believe I'm having a little man. It was awesome sharing it with my family, especially my Grandma Lane.
I love my family and am so excited and ready to have another person added to the love we share. There's definitely enough love to go around and I can't wait to meet him. I have to say that waiting till I was 24 weeks to find out has made my pregnancy fly by and can't believe I only have 15 weeks to go before we meet . . .

"Carter James Ward"

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Congratulations!! Have to say I love the name;)

Tanya said...

Congratulations! You will love having a boy, it is so different from having girls. There is a special connection between mom and son, i think.

Jill Duncan said...

I love the way you guys found out! It's so cute.

Sundbergs said...

so exciting. i can't wait to meet this little guy.

Cherie said...

I am so happy for all of you. I am also so proud of you for waiting to find out the sex in such a cute way. Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Excited for you to have a little boy. Can't wait to meet him!