Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Balboa Beach - Paddleboat

I love Balboa beach. So many fun things to do. We had a great day Saturday. We got there around 9am before it gets crowded and the weather was just perfect. We decided to rent a paddleboat and go out in the water.

Jocelynn was so excited (although you can't tell with this picture). She got this life vest on and got so comfortable and relaxed. It was quite the work out but it was fun. We saw a seal swimming around and James even did a little fishing.

Jocelynn was getting sleepy and wanted me to hold her. The funny thing is, it was only 1030am. She fell asleep twice. This is the first time.
The second time, she sat down and fell asleep again.
20 minutes before heading back my pedals broke. Poor James got a good workout. They are pretty cheap and I think next time we'll try a grade up.
25 weeks.
The ferris wheel was fun but realizing as I get older that I don't like heights too much. When we would go around Jocelynn would take a deep breath and say "WWeee!"
We went down to the beach for a little bit and let Jocelynn play in the sand.
Love these two!
Love the swimsuit in this girl! Look at those thick legs!! Love em!!
It is quite impossible to get a picture of a toddler. I asked Jocelynn to stand with her hands by her side and this is what she gave me :)
I was excited for this. I'm getting more uncomfortable to sleep at night. I dug a hole and was able to lie down on my stomach. Jocelynn didn't let me sleep though but it was nice! Can't wait to do this in the summer! It was such a great day. We headed home and we all took naps for a couple hours!

4 comments:

Todd Family said...

that is so funny how relaxed Joce was on that boat! haha! I love her in that swimsuit and her cute little legs!! that is a good idea to dig a hole for your belly!! i'm sure it was nice and cool for Carter too! :)

Sundbergs said...

How fun. Jocelynn looks so cute in her suit. Shounds like a nice relaxing family outing

Kristin Milius said...

Your butt is still teeny Jenn...i love the belly though ;)

Heidi said...

that is a good idea. We will have to do that one time...

and mommy and Jocelynn look so cute of course. I love digging the hole for your belly, good thinking.