Monday, January 4, 2010

Merry Christmas 2009



This year Christmas really went by too fast. I cooked the first week of the month, the second week I was busy preparing to cater a Christmas party, and the third week I was getting ready to leave to Wyoming. In the middle of everything, sick from being pregnant. I tried to enjoy it but there was a lot I didn't do that I would have liked. Next year, I won't be as busy. I loved her Christmas pajamas. They looked so cute on her.
I didn't think Jocelynn would understand Santa the way she did. Everytime we would see him at the store or if he was decorated on someone's house she would yell out "Santa!" (although she didn't want to be close to him). The day before Christmas, we had been talking about Santa and I think she thought someone was at the door and thought it was Santa and ran with a scared look on her face to her Dad. We couldn't stop laughing. We then had to explain to her that Santa comes in the night while you sleep, I think she was relieved.
When she went to bed that night we put a cookie and milk out for Santa and a carrot for his reindeer. She liked that part. In the morning, I think she was afraid that Santa was by the tree but when she peeked around the corner, she was thrilled. She immediately got on the horse. After presents, we explained the "true" meaning of Christmas and sang "Happy Birthday" to Jesus.
We went to my mom and dads for breakfast and then came over later for dinner. Here are some of the cousins. Jocelynn loves her boy cousins. They all play so well together.
An attempt to get a family shot.
Tyler and Jocelynn are 9 months apart and very close. Jocelynn looks up to Tyler a lot and thinks he's so funny. She follows him around everywhere. They could not stop hugging each other in these pictures. Too cute!
The picture below was 2 years ago. Can't believe how big they both are. (Tyler's arms around Jocelynn so cute!)

4 comments:

Erin G. said...

Looks like fun! I can't wait until Max understands Christmas more next year. We'll actually have to get him presents on Christmas Day! I hope you start feeling better and that the nausea stays under control.

Todd Family said...

oh my word! that last picture is crazy! i never saw that one! SOOO CUTE!!

Sundbergs said...

That is so fun to see how much they have grown.

IzzieGuire said...

she looks so cute in her little santa beanie!!