Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Bye bye Crib!

I've had this bed for about 6 months but haven't had the guts to put her in it yet. I think change is harder on her dad and I then it is for her. She just slept so well in her crib that I was afraid that it would mess up how well she sleeps. I knew it was time though. The first day, I put her in her bed and she lay there frozen in her bed, confused. It was priceless the look on her face. It was silent for 2 minutes, then I heard talking and then I heard footsteps. I see her running in the hall, she grabbed a toothbrush and ran back in her room. It was cute. Then I peek in her room and she's doing headstands and somersaults. I thought "Here we go!" I put her in bed and after 13 walks to her bed and 30 minutes, she finally said Good night and went to bed. That night and then after she has gone right to sleep! I can't believe how well it has gone. I thought for sure she would get out of bed but she hasn't. A couple nights she rolled out of bed and even said to me at 3am "That was scary mom!" Eventually we will need a bigger bed but this will have to do for now. She's growing up.

3 comments:

trisha said...

we still haven't gotten brave enough with logan to make the switch. CONGRATS on the new baby, can't remember if I told you that already. So excited for u!

Jill Duncan said...

She is so funny, everything you say about her makes me think she is such a fun little girl!!

And Congrats on being pregnant, So exciting!!!

Mama Winter said...

so cute. love the bed :)
I got cash a car bed. he thinks its a toy. im going to start putting him in it to sleep in march.