Friday, January 29, 2010

Potty Trained

The hard drive on my computer crashed. We don't have the photo program so I can't turn my pics. Haven't posted in awhile so sorry you have to turn your head. Jocelynn has been potty trained for a couple weeks now. It's exciting as a mom to see how confident she feels for going potty like a big girl. As a first time mom at this I had no idea what I was doing. Here's a little bit of our journey for potty training. February 2009, at 16 months was the first time she told me she had to go potty and we sat on the toilet and she actually did! I thought well, we'll just try it out every once in awhile and maybe she'll get used to it. I got the toilet seat and the small toilet chair. We first starting trying every night before bath. Then we would try every couple of hours. She started to hold it longer. At first it was hard for me because it was so convenient for diapers but now that she's in underwear, it's much more convenient for her to wear underwear. By a year and a half she would hold it and knew to go potty on the toilet. Going #2 was a lot harder. I didn't want to push her but knew that she understood and just needed some encouragement. The holidays were so busy and I was always gone. I knew I needed at least 4 days of being home with her. After Christmas I stayed home and she held her poop for 2 days but then as she was about to go I ran her to the toilet and she went and saw how easy it was and the rest is history. She has no accidents and it was a lot easier then I thought it would be. She is still in pull ups at night but has been waking up to go the bathroom.

No comments: