Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Ultrasound pics

We went into our first ultrasound appointment on Dec. 15. The Doctor says to us, everything looks fine except I'm concerned about this line going through your amniotic sac. She said "this usually means that the sac is breaking away from your uterine wall and you may miscarry." Of course, not what I wanted to hear. I haven't been bleeding but had been cramping a lot so was not happy. She asked me if I work out and said for the next 2 weeks to not work out and come back in 2 weeks and they'll check it out again. She said not to worry about it but how could younot. Any pain I felt I was terrified that I was going to lose the baby. This pregnancy in the first trimester has been completely different then Jocelynn's pregnancy. Been very sick and nothing sounds good. I lost 2 pounds when I went back in 2 weeks, probably because I was so stressed. When I went back she gave me the above shot. I remember there being more space on the other side of the line but that's probably because the ultrasound device can expand the image.
We went back and she has no further concerns. I was happy and very relieved. I'm actually finally starting to get my energy back!

1 comment:

The Hardy's said...

oh my gosh! That had to have been sooo scary! I am so glad that everything is going better now with your pregnancy! I don't know what it is about the 2nd pregnancy...but it is just soo much scarier and they seem to be filled with problems that weren't with the first pregnancy!