Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Goodbye 2009

2009 was an amazing year. This year was my favorite age that Jocelynn was in. We had the best time everyday, going places and creating memories. I didn't want it to end. 2009 was of course not perfect. James being gone on the weekends for school and busy many nights during the week was not always easy but we pulled through. The economy hasn't been easy either, not for James job but because we are one of the many home owners that bought in 2005. We all have trials, there's always more we want as individuals and for our families. It's easy to compare yourself with others but I can truly say, after experiencing the pain my friend has felt from losing his wife, none of it matters. I have my family right now at this moment and I couldn't be more grateful for that. Jocelynn won't remember all the toys she has or the space she has to play . . . but she will remember the fun times we have together as a family. A couple goals I completed in 2009.
  • Work out a couple times a week and participate in Sprint Triathlon
  • Print out 2008 blog book
  • Organize garage and put up shelves
  • Cook and have family dinner 5 times a week
  • Family Home evening Monday nights
  • Took Jocelynn to library

I'm excited for 2010 and what's in store for us. Here are some goals for 2010

  • Start taking classes again to pursue Speech pathology
  • Participate in some kind of race after the baby is born
  • Print out 2009 blog book
  • Finish Jocelynn's scrapbook
  • Don't gain more then 30 pounds while pregnant
  • Work more with Jocelynn on fun preschool activities
  • Learn to sew
Family goals
  • Sunday walks and no Tv on Sundays
  • Read scriptures more


3 comments:

Jessica said...

i didnt knwo you were pregnant! Congratulations!!! when are you due? boy or girl? hehe fill me in :) we need to get together with laurie again soon!

Heidi said...

So great goals for 2010. Great job in 2009.

Only one I dont agree with and think is crazy is the 30lb weight gain...that's insane!

I gained 60 with ella...yeah! hello

Mama Winter said...

I love how you made goals. i think about goals but i have not written them down. im so going to follow your example :) Thxs for sharing :) xo