Monday, April 23, 2012

Carter the Climber

When he wasn't sleeping good he was keeping his sister up. Poor girl was so tired.
LOVES his sister
Climbing on the bookshelf
One night found him asleep like this.

Carter and Jocelynn have two different personalities. He is difficult in ways that she was not and easy in ways that she was not. He's easy going, pretty chill, tantrums never last for long but he is active and physical and doesn't care if he's in trouble. In fact, he will smile at you while he is in time out. Oh my! A month ago he climbed out of his crib for the first time and ever since it has been a rough month. As a mom there is always a new phase, just when you think things are going smooth, something new happens. I was hoping it was a one time thing but nope he kept doing it. After a nap one day he climbed out and Jocelynn was so proud, she even clapped her hands. I had a blank look at Carter and she had such an excited look for him. She said "Carter you did it! You climbed out?" He casually and confidently said "Yah!" I wasn't too sure what to do, Jocelynn had never done that. I wasn't prepared for this! I wanted him to be able to stay in his crib! I thought about getting a crib tent but felt better about transitioning him into a bed. At first he kept getting up I had to close the door a couple times, which I absolutely hate. Then I would stay in the hall and have to walk him back to his bed. We had this toddler bed we used with Jocelynn that we will use until we get another twin bed. He still walks into our room once in the night and I walk him back to bed. I know he will get it eventually. He loves to climb though and is pretty good at it.
Here's more about my sweet boy. He will be 21 months April 30. I can't believe he will be 2 in july!
  • Loves to eat chicken and rice. He will often say I want chicken and rice, when he is hungry. Likes brocolli, carrots, chicken, potatoes, yogurt, peas, oatmeal
  • Doesn't like bananas, applesauce,
  • LOVES candy, cookies, ice cream
  • Identifies his letters, numbers, shapes (working on square and rectangle)and colors
  • Sings Twinkle, Twinkle, itsy bitsy spider, abcs, row your boat, Counts 1-10
  • Loves signing time and preschool prep dvds
  • loves being outside
  • likes to wear his sandals
  • likes to put on jocelynns headbands and jewerly
  • loves whales, dolphins and fish
  • will climb on his sister if she is sitting
  • Famous phrase these days "I do it!"
  • Repeats all words
  • Started saying sentences
  • Climbed on chair and said "Look how big I am!"
  • Loves the bath. If I say "Carter lets take a bath" he says "Yah, SPLASH!" Like he is a dolphin
  • Started gymnastics

1 comment:

Kristin Milius said...

Man!! He sounds like a genius!! Dallin has like 3 consistent words. Ha!!