Tuesday, October 25, 2011

First Half Marathon



I've been wanting to do a half marathon for awhile now. When I had Jocelynn my goal was to do a Sprint Triathlon. It got me back in shape and was so fun! My goal after my 2nd child is to do a half marathon! It's gotten me back in shape and I've learned a lot through running. Running is a lot like life! At times it feels good, and can be easy, other times you feel as if you can't do it and you want to give up but if you take one step at a time and mentally tell yourself that you can do it and get through it, you do!! I was running at the gym on a treadmill and when you are running 6 miles with no music, you have a lot of time to think. I think that is why I enjoy running also, you have so much time to think about life. I prefer not to have music, I like to think and reflect on my life and the things I need to do to become better. I signed up for my first half marathon. It's Nov 12th in Santa Barbara! I'm excited! James and I will go there for the weekend and my parents will watch the kids! I think anyone can run so if it's been awhile since you've ran start slow and short and gradually increase it! You will feel so good, I promise! It's hard at first but as you continue to do it you'll love it! Running makes me feel like I can do and accomplish anything!


2 comments:

Todd Family said...

i am SO happy you are doing it!! Let me tell you...you will probably get emotional running! at least i did on my first one when I saw that I was doing it and I hit my goal. Running those halfs have definitely taught me a lot...hopefully to help me have that "mind over matter" mentality during labor! we shall see! lol i LOVE halfs...we HAVE to do one together after the babes comes!! or one day I want to do 1 full marathon....just one though!

Taits said...

I loved your analogy of running and life. It makes me feel like I should push myself more when I work out! He he he! Hope your half marathon goes well. Good luck!