Friday, July 16, 2010

38 weeks

The final weeks of my pregnancy with Carter. So bittersweet. There are hard and good moments of being pregnant but overall I enjoy being pregnant. This pregnancy was harder the first couple of months, probably because I was using my energy to entertain a toddler. The second and third trimester flew by and I'm sad that the time is almost near but of course, excited to meet him and have him join our family. Here are some pros and cons of my pregnancy with Carter

Pros:
Love feeling him move
Love how he'd move every time Jocelynn would talk to him
Loved seeing how attached Joce is already to him
Loved watching Joce talk to my belly (shirt had to be up every time)
Loved going to appointments with Jocelynn
Loved seeing him on ultrasound and hearing his heartbeat
Love how it forces me to eat healthy and drink lots of water because I know he's receiving it
Love every time James and I would be kissing he'd interrupt and kick James :)
Loved finding out we were having a boy
Love the anticipation of how the delivery will be
Loved the last 3-4 months compared to the first 6
Loved taking a nap when Jocelynn did (worked with Joce so never did that)

Cons:
Feeling sick and tired the first couple months
Heartburn the first 4-5 months (Had to change my diet, thanks Melinda)
Bloated and sick if I ate certain foods
Walking up 3 flights of stairs 2-3 times a day
Getting up every couple hours to go to the bathroom
Waking up to cramps in my legs
sleeping on my side
needing help to get out of bed
Bladder infection
Hips turning
Packing
Having my house clean so people can look at it (we are selling)

I look forward to giving birth to him. I feel more prepared this time. I'm kind of bummed because I have to be on antibiotics for 4 hours before he comes and was hoping to not have to be attached to anything and just go through labor. Oh well. Although I can't wait to meet him I know the time will go by fast the next couple of weeks and he will come when he is ready. I've gotten a lot accomplished at home, including meals made, scrapbooks completed and his started, carpets cleaned, and got a sewing machine so can always keep busy with projects before he comes. I'm so excited to meet him! Can't believe the time has come.








No comments: