Wednesday, July 22, 2009

What's new in the Ward home!

I don't have pictures today but wanted to update with what's new in the Ward house. I have a 2008 book and will have a 2009 of our family. This is kind of like a journal for me so sorry if it's boring.

James hurt his knee at "FHE" at the park Monday playing football with the guys. It's pretty swollen still and he got it checked out. It's a hairline fracture and it'll take weeks to heal. He's wearing a brace and can't bend his knee. He gets it checked in a couple weeks to see if his ACL was torn. I think he will say the worst part is climbing up 3 flights of stairs. I've been ironing his clothes at night and made him lunch for work so he doesn't need to get up and walk on it. I really hope it gets better soon.

Jocelynn asks questions all day long now. It's pretty funny but tiring at the same time. Her three questions are 1.) What r u doing? 2.) What happened? 3.) What is that? She is curious about everything. She is a very smart girl. I love the expressions on her face as she asks the questions. In Utah, my Uncle said something funny and everyone was laughing so hard. She didn't get it and came up to me, her eyebrows close together and palm facing up and said "What happened mom?" I love when she asks the question "what is that?" Her response when I tell her what it is, is always "Oh!"

This morning when she woke up she asks "what is dad doing mom?" I said he is sleeping. She said "Why?" So we have a new question now :) I said because he is tired. . . .(and I am too so don't ask anymore questions :) jk

She needs her bedroom door open to sleep now. I used to be able to walk out of the room and close the door but she insists to keep it open and then she says "Hey mom!!" for about 5 minutes until she knows I'm going to ignore her and falls asleep.

Tantrums are another fun stage we are going through. She has time out when she hits or throws something out of anger. She is a good girl but has some attitude and can be aggressive. I have no idea where she got that from :) She is just very determined and knows what she wants. She enjoys nursery now which is nice for me. She is loving gymnastics and it has been fun taking her and watching her.

James has till the beginning of September off of school. This has been his first break in over a year. It has been wonderful!!!! We are planning to go to Oregon for a couple days in August and we can't wait! I just hope and pray his knee is better so we can hike up some trails to look at the waterfalls.


4 comments:

IzzieGuire said...

hahaha..I wonder where she gets her aggressive side from..hmmm. No worries. My boys are the same way. I think they get it from me. I won't lie! :) Really hope James' knee gets well before your August trip. What a good wifey you are..getting things ready for him so he can rest. I'm sure he'd do that same for you! Don't you love being a wife & mommy?

Erin G. said...

Are you hoping James will get better soon so that you can stop ironing his clothes and making him lunch? just kidding! That's very sweet of you. I keep thinking about ironing Chris' clothes for him. Max is just starting to get put in time-out. Wish us luck!

Sundbergs said...

So worry to haer about James' knee I hope it heals fast

Mama Winter said...

so cute :) LOve it :)
Cash is doing the tantrum every so often now. He throws his head back and goes crazy. happens mainly when i try to get him in his carseat :(
yes we need to hang out. I have been so busy with taking pictures , but mostky with editing photos. never ending job .
BUt we need to hang out. I am going to river wed night -sun.
So I will call u when I get back :)