Thursday, July 2, 2009

1000 Tropicana Way

Jocelynn was 2 weeks old when Grandma saw her for the first time.

Jocelynn and I had a nice day with Grandma Lane today. We always do. I always feel peace and at ease when I'm with her. Over the years I've become very close to her. She taught me how to sew along with many other things. She makes everything taste so good, maybe it's because she always sets the table so nice with her glass plates and silverware. I love the prayers she gives and how she chokes up every time when she thanks our Heavenly Father for something. I look forward to my birthday card every year. I remember years ago when she went with my family on a trip. She was in the backseat with me and I started rubbing her back. I didn't think anything of it but she started to cry. I remember at that point, I committed myself to spending more time with her. At that time she had been a widow for almost 10 years, I never thought much about it till that time that even older people long for company, affection, and love.

I try to go see her once a month but I think I'm going to try to go twice a month now. I can tell she's getting older and doesn't want to be out doing things because she gets tired so she'll be home a lot more. Jocelynn loves Grandma Lane and Grandma Lane loves her. They sit and talk and walk around holding hands. There's nothing sweeter then to see the innocence of them both.

My Grandma has lived in her home since 1959 and there are so many wonderful memories here. As time passes and the more I go see her I understand the time will come when she will go back home to be with her Heavenly Father. I do fear that it'll be very hard for me but I will continue to go visit and create memories for myself and my daughter.

3 comments:

IzzieGuire said...

That's so sweet Jenn! And how special for your baby to have her great-grandmother around!! I'm glad that you're making more time for her! I'm sure you'll both treasre the memories! take lots of pixs every visit!!! :)

Unknown said...

This is so sweet Jenn, I can tell how much you love her.

Lisa said...

that made me want to cry! I hope she will still be around for me and kev to give her another great grandchild! you are so good at seeing her so often! we need to visit her more. that was a great post jenn and i love that picture of jocelynn and her!