Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Happy 4th of July!

The 4th of July brings back wonderful memories of growing up. My Grandpa served in Vietnam. Both my husband and father have lived in many parts of the world growing up because their fathers were in the military. Two things both my husband and father have in common . . . they LOVE America. On the 4th of July, growing up we would climb on top of our roof and watch the fireworks. We lived close to "Westwind" Park. Many times I can recall seeing the tears in my dad's eyes as he would listen to the songs being played, especially, "I'm Proud to Be An American." I didn't fully understand at the time, but I have come to appreciate that feeling and freedom as I have gotten older. I hope to pass this appreciation to my children. I'm so grateful for the men and women who serve this country. Their selfless service and sacrifice has not been forgotten, especially in the Ward home!

This year we went up to Wyoming. We had a Kirk Family reunion in Utah from Monday to Wednesday so we stopped in Wyoming first. Doing fireworks in Wyoming is legal so we had a great time!!
Jordyn and Jocelynn
Jaeger and Jocelynn love each other. It's so cute. They were giving each other hugs and I had to hurry and get a picture.

Chad's a police officer and works at the place they sell fireworks. They give him free fireworks every year. We had a ton!!!
We had two boxes. It was so much fun.
My sister Jamie and I
Jocelynn was nervous at first. We put her in the back of the car and she watched "Signing Time"
We BBQ'd and had a great time! My camera died that evening so I didn't get pictures of the reunion but will post them when my sister sends me some.

We didn't know what a lot of the fireworks did and it was a little scary. This particular one would fly everywhere and went under a truck!! The drive to Wyoming and back went very well!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you got to see Jamie again!

IzzieGuire said...

I really enjoyed this post Jenn! I loved the pixs but it made me feel really good to hear how much your Dad & husband love this country! I feel the same way...even though I'm not a citizen! :)

Todd Family said...

you crack me up! you are so funny..."oh my gosh!" haha! i'm glad you got to have fun! every 4th of july i think about westwind park and going on the roof. that was the best memory ever!

Sundbergs said...

Looks like an awesome fourth of july.

Ange said...

Love her head band!! We also love the 4th! Glad you had a great trip!