Monday, February 23, 2009

Projects . . . CoMpLEte . . . .FINALLY!!

AFTER
After over a year of thinking about it and months of working on this project I bought some units at Home Depot and put them together and everything fit perfect! I do procrastinate but I also eventually get it done. 
Man, am I glad this project is over!! It has been a long time I've been working on this but finally it is complete.  At one point our garage was organized but somehow one day it got all crazy. I'm not sure when? When I was pregnant this was something I wanted to tackle before Jocelynn was born but it never happened and life got even crazier when she came. What people may not know about me is I LOVE to be organized and clean. When things aren't, I feel like I can't function. Weird I know. I'm sure most people feel the same. It's the best feeling to know where everything is. I don't ask James to help out much with home projects because he has enough to deal with, school full time, work full time and spending time with his daughter. He is always willing to help though but I was confident I could do this alone. Boy, that was dumb of me!!! 
This is how our whole garage looked. It had white stripes going through it. It was like this when we moved in. I decided to change it and paint it all white. After three paint cans, painting during Jocelynn's naps, at night, I even got a babysitter so I could finish! It took forever!. I was thinking why didn't I just leave it but it looks good now.
BEFORE
This is like Where's Waldo except where's Jocelynn? Do you see her?

This is all the stuff we had. I called our Home Owners Association to see if we could have a community garage sale. THey approved it. I made signs and everything but on the day of the garage sale I was the only one out there. It didn't matter because I made $120 in two hours from 7am-9am. James had to go to school at 9am. I decided I had sold enough and went inside. It was great. I made some money and got rid of junk we don't use. 
This was the second project to complete. Shelves in the closet for Jocelynn's toys. We had been putting them in a basket but I thought it would be good for them to be out so she can play with what she wants and put it away. Thanks James! 

7 comments:

Trisha said...

i bet it feels so good to have things all cleaned up!

Todd Family said...

It all looks great! I'm so happy you got it done! That seriously is the best feeling ever!

IzzieGuire said...

Yayyy!! Good job Jenn! Can't function w/ messes & chaos either.

Kristin Milius said...

I love, love, love, organization! I love all bins, and anything that helps! We recently put shelves in our garage oh the joy!! I was more excited about the shelves than anything ever! I'm so OCD!

Mama Winter said...

good idea . Im going to do that in cash bedroom :)

Daniel T said...

Very nice! Thank you for all of your kind comments on our blog. You guys have such a wonderful family and I always get a good feeling when I see your pics and updates. Best wishes with everything and I am sure we'll hang out some time!

Violet said...

I always wanted to do that to our garage there. It looks fantastic!

Isn't it great to be a little OCD!