Thursday, August 28, 2008

Happy 84th Birthday, Grandma!

Yesterday was my grandma's birthday! This woman is my favorite person in the whole world (okay, right next to my husband and Jocelynn)! These were the flowers we got her before we added the notes. The flowers were purple and yellow, which was perfect because she is a Lakers fan! She loves basketball, she even stayed up till 2am to watch the USA game. Go Grandma!!
My family wrote 84 reasons why we love her. I typed them up and numbered each reason on a different skewer. She was so happy. She read a couple reasons why we love her and would just cry. She was just so pleased that everyone participated. Thanks family for helping out! She absolutely loved it.  Guess what? We had over 90 reasons why we love her and I had to narrow it down.
We had lunch and I brought her a cupcake and we sang "Happy Birthday!" I always feel so good when I'm with my grandma. She has an amazing spirit. 
Jocelynn loved Grandma's piano. My grandma plays music by hearing the song, isn't that amazing. She doesn't need the notes. 

4 comments:

Todd Family said...

YAY! I am so glad you put that up! The flowers are SO beautiful! It looks so good! Great job! Grandma is so amazing..i agree! we are very lucky! we'll see you soon! thanks again for putting the gift together!

Jill Duncan said...

that is such a cute idea, I might have to steal it! :)

Anonymous said...

It turned out great Jenn. Thanks for the hardwork you put into it. It was a great idea.

Unknown said...

She sounds like an awesome lady! What a sweet thing to do for her.