Friday, August 8, 2008

Double digits . . .10 months old!

She has started to put my clothes on!
She loves her toothbrush
She loves getting into my purse and wallet.

My little girl is growing up so fast! She has become so funny. Every couple of days she says new sounds. Her new one is "beeka, beeka, beeka." Her facial expressions keep us laughing. We can't believe in just two months she will be one years old. Here are a few highlights of her 9 month:
  • A total of 7 teeth
  • No more baby food. Eats everything! Kiwi, peaches, plum, squash, chicken, beef
  • Has started climbing. Almost dove head first into the bathtub but I caught her. 
  • Stands by herself
  • Says "Hi, Bye, Ball, Dada, Mama, Baby"
  • Dances
She naps twice a day. Her first nap is about 9:30am and her second nap is around 2pm. She naps for about two hours and then goes to bed about 8pm. She still gets up around 5:30am. I'm slowly weaning her from nursing so I think once I completely stop doing that she will stop waking up at that time. She gets up for the day at 7:30am.  I rock her before each nap to get her sleepy and then lie her down in her crib. She definitely needs her sleep but also does okay if she takes a short one. (Just not everyday).  People have always been impressed that she doesn't take her bows off, well recently she started doing it. Everyday we go out and run errands to get out of the house. She also was throwing little tantrums when I would take a toy away so I had to get creative. I would either distract her or we have been practicing sharing. That sounds funny to do that with a 9 month old but it has been working. I say nicely "can mommy see that?" and now she has been handing it over to my nicely. It's really sweet. She definitely understands the word No. When I say that word she gets really serious and stares at me. I then turn around and smile because she is so cute! Man we love that girl!

7 comments:

Katie said...

so cute. she's getting so big! love it. :) miss you guys.

kirkncali said...

She is darling. We love her so much. Hope all is well with you and james. I'm sure we will see you soon!!!

Jill Duncan said...

I love the milestone posts! She looks so cute in those pictures.

The Hardy's said...

woo hoo! double digits! she is just so cute! lets get together this week! i talked to jenn little and she said we should hit victoria gardens with our lil ones! lets do it!

Sundbergs said...

She really is getting so big. She is so fun. Looks like your trip was a blast.

Todd Family said...

Oh my gosh! I haven't seen her for a week and I feel like she is already growing up soo fast! she is so dang cute!! man, i love her! i love the "becka becka becka!" hahaha her cute little lips when she does that!

Ms. Dottie said...

She is so cute I can't believe how big she's getting. It seems like not to long ago I was there babysitting with Katrina for the first time. She was so tiny. She's so cute!!