Thursday, May 29, 2008

My first Catering Event

What a night!!! I catered my first event and it was quite the experience. 5 teachers from my mom's school are retiring and asked me to cater the event. There were 7 appetizers: Wontons, Bruschetta, Pecan Cheese Ball with crackers, fruit, Antipasta salad,  chicken wraps, quesadillas, guacamole. I was sssoooo nervous but it went very well. Everyone seemed to enjoy it and we had plenty of food.  The past couple of days have been ssoo busy. I am glad it is over! When Jocelynn would go down for her naps I would start preparing the food. 
Thank you mom and Jess for helping me. I really appreciate it.
Jessica was great with the quesadillas. We had a great time! "The Heat is On . . . :)"
I never was a waitress but always thought it would be fun!
I counted 75 people sitting and many left!!! It was such a thrill. Who knows this could be just the beginning . . . 

9 comments:

Tanya said...

That is impressive. Good for you and it all sounds so good.

Trisha said...

Good job! I would never beable to throw a party like that!

Rachel Kirk said...

I am so happy for you! I'm sure it will just keep getting bigger and bigger. TRUST ME!!!!!!

Todd Family said...

"If you can't stand the heat...get out of the kitchen!" ha..it was so hot in there! I like how you posted the "Drag queen" picture of me! what about that ONE picture of mom and you being sick as can be in the back! hahahahahahahaha! it was a lot of fun! maybe next time we'll have a seperate kitchen so no one can see us laughing in the back! thanks again for the experience...i'm excited for the next one! see you tonight when we get pedicures! holla! :)

Sundbergs said...

Good job. I was sad I couldn't go. Everything looks really good. You rock girl. Way to work.

Anonymous said...

Way to go Jenn!!

kirkncali said...

I am sure you did GREAT! Hopefully we will see you soon. Tell James he better watch at least one Laker game with me...

Anonymous said...

Jenn I am so proud of you. I didn't know you were doing that. Wish I could have been there. =/ I am sure this will only be the beginning.

The Hardy's said...

good job! i bet everyone is way impressed with the food! lets get together and let our girls play too!