Saturday, May 10, 2008

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!

I have gained a new respect for mothers the past 7 months. These 4 women are the most amazing mothers I know! 
1. My Mom - She is so patient and has become one of my best friends. She has taught me to be independent and a hard worker. She has also taught me to turn to the Lord for everything! She's a survivor! I woke up in the night till I was about 9 years old (I swear). My poor mom!
2. Grandma Lane (on the left) - Words can't describe this woman. I have so many stories to describe how wonderful she is. I'll just say two. Story 1 - One day I went to visit her and she just got back from a cruise and forgot to drink the rest of the milk before she left so when she came home it was spoiled. She was putting the milk in a measuring cup and I said grandma what are u doing? She said "I am making muffins" (substituting for sour cream I think). The muffins were delicious. Story 2- My grandma's father left them when she was in school and took all the money they had (even the college money saved for her sister). My grandma always had to work and didn't ever go to college. She started a savings when we were little to help us get through school. I can go on and on about her. She has taught me to be grateful for what I have and you don't need material things to be happy.

3. Grandma Gloria (on the right) - My grandma raised 6 children and also has had her own day care called Grandma's Place for over 20 years. She is always so happy and full of life. She loves to hug. She has taught me that no matter what life brings you, it'll be okay. 
4. My Mother in law - This woman has raised a wonderful son. She brought him to the US from the Phillippines and I'm grateful for her sacrifice. She is a hard worker and loves to laugh. She is always cooking or cleaning. I wish she lived closer so we could see her more!

I hope everyone has a wonderful Mother's Day! My dad always says this and it's so true "Everything I am or ever hope to be I owe it to my angelic mother (Abraham Lincoln)." What would we do without our moms!






5 comments:

The Hardy's said...

beautiful post. moms are truley the most amazing people ever. it amazes me to be learning all of the sacrifices, love, patience and nurturing that our own mothers did for us. being a mom is truly a wonderful gift .

The Hardy's said...

of, i dont know why its coming up as fire house fitness, i dont know what happened, but its me, laurie

Katie said...

happy mothers day to you jen!!! you're a great mom. :) i love mom's. they're so wonderful. i miss my mom.

Todd Family said...

I guess all i need to say is "AMEN"...we truley are blessed! You and my siblings are such an example to me in being wonderful mothers..thank you so much! i love you!

Sundbergs said...

That post wsa a beautiful dedication. Happy mother's day. I love your quote at the top.