Wednesday, May 21, 2008

A Wonderful Day . . .

Jocelynn and I spent the day with my friend, Deanne and her little boy, Everette. It was such a great day and our little ones were so great. We first had lunch in Old Town San Juan Capistrano, at a place called "The Ramos House Cafe." It was wonderful!! This was the first time I had cinnamon apple beignets (to die for!!!) These cafes are like the old days, its owner lives and works at the house, and everything is made from scratch!
After lunch, we headed to Fashion Island and went shopping. To end the day great, we went across the street to "Sprinkles Cupcakes." I have heard about these cupcakes on Food Network and was sssooo excited to try one. The line was out the door. When I bit into this cupcake, my response was "Oh WoW!" It was so good. Then we drove down Pacific Coast Highway next to the beach. .  .I love California! Thanks Deanne, it was such a great day!!!

5 comments:

Tyler Jorgenson said...

Sprinkles = Yum.

Todd Family said...

Well you know how wonderful MY day was?! 3 words...CERIDIAN TAX SERVICE! :) It sounds like you had a lot of fun! I'm glad you got to go play! Oh by the way, you want me to watch Jocelynn this weekend? If mom can't, I can. My plan for this weekend was to just watch the kids and maybe get a tan..BUT I'll take watching my babies ANY DAY! i actually want to get a pedicure...maybe we should do it sometime? me, you and mom and rach and katrina if they aren't busy? just a thought..

Tanya said...

Love Sprinkles! I want to try that cute little cafe too.

Katie said...

love it. i love the fancy cup cakes... i feel good about that. some day i want to own my own cookie store...

Heidi said...

How fun! And yes I have heard of Sprinkles too, I think it was on Oprah...ha ha ha...I need to try one!

Anyway cute pics. I love Jocelynn basking in the sun! And I just heard you dad is bishop of the singles ward...my father in-law is the one out here in Chino...how funny huh!!! Tell your parents hello for me!