Sunday, August 26, 2012

First Day of School



We had her clothes out the night before. She was so excited, not even nervous. I was surprised because I thought for sure she would cry or not want to go but it was actually the opposite. She met the teacher on Monday and she walked right into her classroom. She knew she was going in without me and just walked right in. The night before Daddy gave her a special Father's blessing. I remember him talking about having courage, being an example, and having fun. We had her clothes laid out, she went to bed early and my visiting teacher was coming over to watch Carter so James and I could go with her. We were all so excited.
She woke up at 615am. We had pancakes and she looked so cute in her dress and new shoes. She loved her Minnie backpack also!





I think this will be a yearly tradition by the school sign. The gates were open and we went right into her classroom. her teacher had activities for us to do with Jocelynn. We showed her the bathroom, her cubby and did some other games with her. We read some books with her on the rug. She made a friend named Rylie. She came up to Jocelynn and said Hi, I'm Rylie. I was telling Jocelynn what to say. She asked her if she wanted to read with her. Rylie said yes and they sat together. I couldn't believe how old my girl was. I told James we should slip out because she was doing well. He didn't want to leave her. He said "A couple more minutes." He was just watching her. I love how in love he is with her. He loves his little girl. We left and I was so happy that she did so well. When I got home I remember thinking "wow, I have this amount of time everyday!" She cried Friday morning when she woke up and going into school. It was hard. This was her 3rd day of school. I was thinking oh man am I going to have to hear this complaining every morning. I worried about her all day. She told me when I picked her up she cried in line and then she stopped when they were on the rug. She made a sweet friend named Elena that day and she hasn't cried since so hopefully that is the end of that. I'm so excited for her to learn and go to school. James and I both love school and learning and we hope she does also!



 She loves her Daddy so much and he is in love with his little girl!

 She is so excited! I love it because I don't always see her like this!

 The K hat she made on her first day of school!



2 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm glad to hear she's made friends already! Claire starts in the morning and I cried at the meet and greet the teacher already;). Hopefully, it'll go better tmrw for me:). I love Jocies shoes and dress also.

Sundbergs said...

What a big girl she looked beautiful! I am glad she has done so well