Sunday, September 4, 2011

Triana Condo - For Sale

I've waited for months to do this post, probably because these pictures are so special to me. We had so many wonderful memories here and it's "so hard to say goodbye to yesterday." But like many things in life, where one door closes another opens. We move forward and the chapter hasn't quite ended with this place yet but I think it's getting close. In 2005, we bought our first place together. Our plan was to sell it in a couple years and get a bigger place. Towards 2006, the economy started taking a fall. We brought two children home to this place. I have so many memories of walking up 3 flights of stairs pregnant, carrying groceries, carrying a toddler throwing a crazy tantrum but also wonderful memories of going on walks, looking at many rainbows from our view. I loved how small and simple it was. We never had many material things but there was so much more we had. Many memories of paying in the garage with toys. When Jocelynn would get bored we'd head down to the garage. In 2009, after lots of thought and prayer, we decided it would be best to sell it. I thought it would take 6-9 months but I was wrong. It's been a very long road. Yes, it's been 2 years!! We've had about 6 buyers, TONS of paperwork to sign, and a lot of waiting. It's taken a lot of patience. There was a time we had 2 weeks to move. I was up late putting things in boxes, packing throughout the day and it fell through. It started to become chaotic, especially after having a new baby. I like things in order and just felt like everything was everywhere. My parents asked us to come live with them for awhile and that is a great help! We moved in January with my parents and it has been such a blessing. Fingers are crossed that the sale goes through this month.
2 years ago we hung a birdhouse that Jocelynn painted, in the tree. Everytime we come back we look in the tree and it is still there!
loved this kitchen!





So many nights of rocking Jocelynn in this chair! and reading her books! My mom made those curtains.
Her crib! We didn't take it down when we put the toddler bed in.
Our bathroom and walk in closet.
#301 will always be special to me. It's many chapters in our book of our life together. I pray that the sale will go through finally so we can officially move on!



2 comments:

Todd Family said...

boy do we have so many memories there too! like bringing the couch right up to the tv cuz james didn't want to turn it up. lol! we love that place too but r so excited for what the future holds! :)

Jill Duncan said...

I know how you feel. When we moved from our first home I cried as I drove away. It's so hard saying good-bye to so many good memories. I hope the sale goes through for you and I'm Excited what the future will bring for you guys!