Wednesday, September 7, 2011

It's only 1:30pm?


I know all moms can relate to this. We try to do so much and do it well. Most of the time I have it together but today I kind of felt this way . . . .



I remember working before staying home and thinking how nice it would be to stay home. Don't get me wrong I love it but a lot of work.




Today was another busy day and I only have 2 kids. I put Carter to bed at 8pm and sat on the couch, grabbed the computer (my time to relax) and was supposed to start homework but had no energy too. I just wanted to do nothing. I started thinking of all the things I did today and realized why at the end of the day, doing homework is just more work added to my day. It's crazy though because as exhausting as my days can be, I love my job. I really do. Of course, I'm tired but there are so many great moments to my day: 2 of them 1. hearing my kids laugh and seeing them smile and 2. Carter falling asleep on me.

My kids were up by 645am this morning. That's pretty typical. Jocelynn has preschool at 8am so we got all ready and had breakfast. After I dropped her off, Carter and I went to the gym and I ran 4 miles. By 9am, I got home and held him for 5-10 minutes. He quickly fell asleep and I had some time to myself. I got on the computer (not for facebook but for school and to look for invitations for my sister). I did the dishes, picked up, and my friend, Melinda stopped by. After visiting together for an hour, (the whole time I was scrubbing my floors), I took a quick shower and picked up Jocelynn. We ran 3 errands when I picked her up (Signed her up for soccer through the city, stopped by the Teacher Store to get a few educational things, and went to the grocery store for some food. By the time we got home it was 130pm and it felt like it should have been 630. I put Carter down for his nap and put a movie on for Jocelynn. During the movie, I cleaned the bathroom and started to get dinner ready. Jocie is in bed by 6pm when she doesn't nap so she eats dinner around 430pm. I played with the kids and got her to bed shortly after that.

No wonder I can't think right now to do homework right? All you moms out there understand. One class is enough for me. Taking one class a semester I'll be done in 2 and a half years, including summers. THere really is no rush though, considering I plan to stay home with my kids. Today I had a list of things to do and tomorrow I think I won't run as many errands.
And a special shout out to my husband! A couple days ago he got Ben n Jerrys and caramel drumsticks! I think today is a great day to enjoy!


4 comments:

Heidi said...

that's good that most day's you feel you have it together. Because I think I have it the opposite, only everyone in a while I have it together...ha ha ha... but really.

Sundbergs said...

You are such a great mom, but whoever knew it would be so tiring and wonderful.

Jessica said...

loved this post. i've always thought you are such a great mom. keep it up :) (and a four mile run?! go you!!!)

Todd Family said...

you are SUCH a good mom! Seriously! I'm so blessed to have such great examples of motherhood!! I seriously admire you in more ways then you can imagine. I'm extremely impressed and i'm sure i'll be calling you when this little one comes for advice! :)