Sunday, November 14, 2010

Doheny Beach

You can take these stairs down but the tide was in so we couldn't. The tide pools are so cool here. I really wanted Jocelynn to see all the neat things in a tide pool. Next time. It was such a beautiful day! The Ocean Institute was closed. I was bummed. It's only open on weekends. It's free and there are aquariums and stuff to look at.
There were these big rocks, Jocelynn loved to climb on.
This is what made it dirty. THere were thousands of birds! IT was gross. This is where you can camp so maybe people leave food behind. I don't know but it didn't make it very appealing.
We found a spot to play in the sand.

6 years ago I was taking a Science class at Cal State Fullerton. We had to go to the beach with our class on the weekend. We looked at tide pools and there was an ocean institute and it was so fun. James and I went together. Over the years I couldn't remember which beach it was.

James had a Monday off for traveling a lot so Doheny beach came to mind. I don't know how I thought of that beach but we got there and I realized that it was the same beach we went to for class. Brought back nice memories. This time we got to enjoy the day with our kids. It was different then last time. It seemed not as clean , which is sad. I want to return and show her the tide pools and Ocean institute of all the different fish.

1 comment:

Taits said...

I remember we used to go to Doheney beach when I was a teenager and look at the tide pools. (I know that was forever ago!) I saw the pics from Carter's baby blessing. He is so cute and so big already!