Sunday, December 27, 2009

Pregnant

I'm 9 weeks pregnant. Our due date is July 29th. I found out I was pregnant on a Thursday and decided to wait to tell James on Saturday when we were going to the temple as a family. We've been wanting to take Jocelynn and what better way to announce our family is expanding.
Friday we went to James work and went out to lunch. On the way back Jocelynn said "Daddy, mommy has a baby in her tummy." It caught James off guard and because my friend Melinda had a baby the day before, he said "you mean Melinda?" She said "No mommy!" I thought, thank you Jocelynn! :) We played it off.
So the next day it was a beautiful day. We put a blanket out and Jocelynn asked Dad to read her a story. He didn't read the title and just opened the book. As he continued to read he caught on. He did say he knew something was up after Jocelynn made the announcement the previous day. The book that Jocelynn is holding was the book James opened when I found out I was pregnant with Jocelynn. So I thought it would be perfect for him to open the next book. It was a great day. Grandma and Grandpa Kirk were at the temple putting up Christmas lights so we shared the news with them also. We are very excited. Jocelynn will be such a great sister!

5 comments:

IzzieGuire said...

awww...congrats Jenn!! She WILL be a wonderful big sister...such a smart girl!

Heidi said...

YEAH CONGRATS! I dont know how you wait to tell James, you have some will power. That is wonderful news!!!!!!!!

Also congrats to James on his MBA, that is wonderful!!!!

Todd Family said...

haha..i love that Jocelynn is the one that told Kev and me too!! She is too funny! Congrats! We are SO excited for a new little Ward!!! YES!!!

Anonymous said...

We are all very excited. You are such a good mom. We are also proud of James getting his Masters. What an accomplishment! I remember RCC days and it is nice to look back, huh?

Tanya said...

Congratulations!!!