Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Jocelynn

I realize that this blog hasn't really been the "Ward Family." It has been more about Jocelynn. When I first started this I did it with the intentions of keeping my sister and James's  family updated with Jocelynn and what they don't get to see of her since they live far away. I apologize if I sound like a bragging, annoying mom. Those really aren't my intentions. I hold back with talking about her because I don't want to come across that way. I think though I need to do what my intentions were.

Ok. This has been my favorite age. She is not a baby anymore and loves to be outside. Don't get me wrong, I loved holding her but it's a lot more demanding, at least she was. Every morning we are gone out of the house, come back for lunch and to nap and then off again. She loves the park and we go there a couple times a week. She loves the slide and has learned how to go down it herself. You can tell from the picture above that she loves it. When she goes down, she says "So Fun!"
Jocelynn loves my jewerly armoire. She goes in it all the time and gets necklaces and bracelets. In this picture she even got earrings that I hung on her ears. She was very excited! She now says "So Toot (for so cute!)" She really is so cute!

Since Jocelynn was born I tried so many different ways to help her relax to get sleepy. After 6 months we got a routine going and I found what got her sleepy. I would read to her and get her blanket and walk around the room, then sit down. Sounds ridiculous but it worked for her everytime and it took 10 minutes. Just recently, she has just wanted to be put down so I do. I told James "I never got a picture of me holding her asleep! So I did it one more time for memories!!

2 comments:

IzzieGuire said...

NO worries Jen! It's not bragging, just informing. Besides, she's so cute! It's fun reading about her personality & adventures! You sound like a wonderful & proud Mom.

Heidi said...

Well I love to stay updated and see how she is growing, so I love it. I tend to do the same thing with my kids too. It just becomes what you are about once you are a mother. They are your every moment, happiness, funny stories of the day. So I love it.

PS we need to get together for lunch again.